It is good you take time to make fresh pomegranate juice. It tastes better when you make it yourself with fresh and ripe pomegranates. The whole process takes about 30 minutes. If you follow these steps, you can make your pomegranate juice.
First, you will need the following tools to make the juice:
- Paring knife
- Pomegranate Juicer
- Double-mesh strainer.
- Bowl of water
How to Pick Pomegranate for Juicing
You can get the best juice from pomegranate if you know how to pick it ripe. Not everyone knows how to pick this fruit. Some mistake the ones with a flawless exterior and bright red look as the right pick. This is usually not the case.
The best pick is the pomegranates with deep ruby arils. They usually have a slight crack on the side and some golden brown patches. You can get the tasty ones from the farmers’ market and not the grocery store.
Steps for making pomegranate juice
1. You will need 6 large pomegranates for juicing.
2. Take the paring knife and cut out the crown of the pomegranate.
3. Using the knife cut open the pomegranate into four sections. Open the four parts up.
4. Get a bowl filled with water.
5. Open up the pomegranate arils in the water (to prevent the juice from splashing around and don’t wear light-colored clothes).
6. Drain out the water from the arils.
7. Separate the arils from the rind.
8. Pour the pomegranate arils inside the blender.
9. It should take about 20 seconds to get it juiced.
10. Use a strainer when pouring the juice.
11. It will sieve out the thick pulp.
12. Serve in a glass cup and keep the excess in your refrigerator.
If you have had fresh pomegranate, you know how great they taste, and if you haven’t, you should try making it. Pomegranates are not only delicious but also very nutritious. There are many ways to have this juice. You can make it as a plain juice or add it to your smoothies. Check this out about the health benefits of pomegranate juice.
Make sure to pick the ripe ones, so you can enjoy this sweet drink. Now that you know how to make this delicious juice, you should definitely try making it yourself.