The benefits of aloe vera are numerous and widely documented. A rich source of vitamins and antioxidants, it’s always a treat exploring its benefits. But before seeing how to make aloe vera juice, what does the plant offer and what can it be used for?
Making Aloe Vera Juice for Skin and Weight Loss
- 3 aloe vera leaves
- 500 mL of water
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 slice of pineapple (can be natural or pineapple in syrup)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- First, you need to know how to make aloe vera gel from the juice. Cut three aloe vera leaves from their base. The leaves must be from a plant that is a minimum of 2 years old. Being very careful with the thorns, wash each of the leaves; make sure that there is no trace of earth or any other foreign element.
- Dry each of the washed leaves and trim the tip and base. About an inch from each end will suffice. Subsequently, remove the thorns that are on the sides of the aloe vera leaf.
- Remove the outer cover from one of its sides. Then, with the use of a spoon, extract the internal gel (also called pulp).
- Wash the gel under running water, drain and put it in the blender glass.
- Add little water.
- Start the blending process. It must be liquefied as much as desired; serve the aloe vera juice cold or with ice cubes.
- Check out the best juicer for leafy greens that can be used for making aloe vera juice smoothly.
Aloe Vera Juice: Health Benefits
Aloe is an ornamental plant that is grown for its medicinal value. The juice of aloe vera is an excellent medicinal drink. Over time, new studies have discovered greater properties in this healthy plant. It’s beneficial for the skin and is used for weight loss, among other possible uses.
Its benefits are so wide that it is even useful in the treatments of minor burns, superficial cuts, abrasions, scratches, stings, and bites.
Aloe vera has about 19 essential amino acids. These are essential to structure proteins without which no tissue could form.
This healthy ingredient has a high tonic and restorative capacity when consumed as a drink, as long as the aloin has been removed. Aloin is a liquid that secretes and can cause an upset stomach.
It helps the healing and prevention of ulcers, as it has glucose and galactose. These polysaccharides prevent the development of Helicobacter pylori, which causes gastric ulcers.
How to Make Aloe Vera Juice Taste Better
Ordinarily, this juice has almost no flavor. Honey, pineapple, and lemon are optional ingredients that you can add just to give the juice a better flavor.
You can use honey because it is natural but you can use another sweetener if you don’t have honey.
After putting the aloe gel in the blander, simply add, honey, a pineapple slice (can be pineapple flavor), and the juice of half a lemon.
Among the many nutritional properties of aloe vera, we can mention its energy and nutritional capacity. It is used for weight loss, skin therapy, and treatments, among others.
For weight loss, the recommended daily dose is one to two glasses (200 ml each), without exceeding two tablespoons of pulp per day. And to avoid constipation, take this juice before breakfast or lunch.
Meanwhile, before adding this type of juice to your diet, visit your family doctor to see if it will not cause any contraindication, especially if you are on medication.
Related Posts You May Like:
1. How to Make Celery Juice
2. How To Make Carrot Juice without a juicer
3. How To Make Pomegranate Juice
4. Diabetic Juicer Recipes